Hystreet.co.uk ("we", “our” or “us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our Service Agreement) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand how we will treat your personal data. By visiting www.hystreet.co.uk (our “site”) you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the "Act") we are the data controller.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our sites or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you subscribe to our services, search our sites, participate in social media functions on our sites, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our sites. The information you give us may include, without limitation, your name, address, e-mail address, phone number and financial and credit card information (if so provided).
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our sites we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our sites (including date and time); information you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
Our use of Data
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those on our sites;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our sites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer; and
- to provide you with information about goods, services or market updates we feel may interest you. Please contact us if you do not want us to use your data in this way.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our sites and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our sites to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to monitor your compliance with contracts entered into between you and us;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service;
- as part of our efforts to keep our sites safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods or services that may interest you.
Information we receive from other sources.
We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with other member(s) of our corporate group from time to time (if any).
We may share your information with Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you or with analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our sites.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose or transfer your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets; or
Where we store your personal data
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our sites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our sites; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. However, we cannot be held liable for any harm resulting from a breach of security.
We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for our own marketing purposes. You can prevent such processing by contacting us. We do not disclose your information to any third party for such purposes.
Our sites may contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers, affiliates and other third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.